Wednesday, August 19, 2009

humble + fried cheese

Today at 6am, a man came and cut a square in my office carpet, in preparation for drilling a hole in the floor. Today, at 6pm, while I sat working at my desk, that same man grunted a lot while he dug a 5 foot hole through the concrete and dirt next to me. Next, another man put some white tubes in the hole in the floor and asked me not to touch them until he came back for them. Then he put a large orange cone over the white tubes, for safety. He'll be back on Friday.

In case I'd let my place on the Executive Team go to my head, this decidedly knocked me back down to earth. A little humility is good for everyone.

But then I had fried cheese in the car with Chels.

And then I picked up my mama from the airport!

Great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment