Monday, October 12, 2009

special time

I'm pretty transparent about my love for Isaiah. We've been special friends for about three years now and I only hope that I get to be his buddy for a long long time to come.



Tonight, over dinner, music time, and bedtime, Isaiah:
  • had a Shock-G moment ("I like my oatmeal lumpy.")
  • sang me a song about all of his fingers ("How are you doing today? Very well I thank you.")
  • tried to convert me to bananas ("But we have very very delicious ones in our kitchen.")
  • asked attentive questions ("What is a vacation? Did you fly on a Southwest plane? Did you go to nee-ew yohk city?")
  • rocked out with me
  • read a lot of stories about how things work ("Why does a miller use a grindstone? Why are all of those pigs sleeping in the same bed?")
  • named and re-named all of his stuffed animals
  • successfully convinced his 4-month old brother that spinach in a tortilla was actually an ice cream cone
  • yelled things to make me laugh ("Shabbat hooray!")
  • left me with a cliffhanger on how pumpkins grow
  • willed me to sing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" in Spanish (arcoiris!). Twice.




Definitely made it easy to forget the early morning anxiety and endless work day.

No comments:

Post a Comment