Tuesday, March 3, 2009

sweetness


Like many parts of my life right now, this little jar is simultaneously my tiny pleasure and a frustrating pain. I saw it on the shelf and got excited - who doesn't love honeycomb? My mom had two honeycomb candles that I always loved to smell... what a treat to have that smell IN my honey! What it doesn't say on that cute little label is that honeycomb is essentially wax, but in tiny flakey form held together by the sticky honey. Don't try to take a chunk of honeycomb and put it in your tea. You'll end up with a nice layer of white wax over the surface, making it a little difficult to get to the perfect honey-y goodness underneath.

It's been a week of trying to dig through the wax surface to get to the perfect honey-y goodness. The sweetness is slowly showing itself, but not without a lot of prodding and coaxing. Each little waxy flake is a reminder that there will be rough spots in this life and all of them count for something.

That was hella new age. Eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment