Thursday, July 2, 2009

nicest guy in town

When I worked in the west bay, I would make it a point to walk three blocks on the hardest days for pretty much the best thing baking in the neighborhood - brioche bread pudding with seasonal fruit at Tartine. It was always sad when I'd stand in line for twenty minutes and then peek over the top of the bread pudding flat and see the bread pudding covered in devil fruit. The walk back to the office could not have been longer.

Now that my life is so easy-bay-centric, my favorite special treat is one of those memories that always puts a smile on my face and a rumble in my stomach, definitely worthy of the special trip I never manage to find time to take.

Enter the nicest guy in town. Thanks to SF's favorite lots-of-things, my mid-morning work headache is the furthest thing from my mind and the demands of the afternoon are nothing I can't handle. This still-warm special delivery features raspberries and nectarines (aka winner fruits) and the side of Jew-cookies should last me right up to Pesach next year (okay, probably not).

Thank you, Stefan, you have earned yourself magic jew medicine for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment