Monday, February 23, 2009

6th graders

Okay, so sometimes I really need to find the joy in my job. Usually sixth graders do the trick.

At Westlake, a sixth grader walked in on the Principal and I watching a guy casing the school on the security cameras. She said "Hey, are you watching TV? What show is that? It looks like my school! Hey! It IS my school! How did you do that? Can I be on TV?"

At Melrose Leadership, I got there just in time for the sixth grade awards assembly. After watching many of his classmates receive awards for high achievement in math, humanities, and college prep, one sixth grader passed by the Principal and I and suggested that "There should be an award for coming to school on time every day!" Almost, little buddy, but not quite.

My job is kind of fantastic.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, at Castlemont we DO have awards for coming to school on time everyday! We have great expectations for our students!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i'm all about attendance awards (it's a smart practice!) but not during academic awards assemblies...

    ReplyDelete