Wednesday, January 21, 2009

elliptical etc.

I love my gym. Despite the head injury I sustained there last summer, I continue to make my way to the treadmill, elliptical, weight machines, outdoor pool, and stretching area on the regular. It used to be that my main incentive for going was to watch my favorite shows on the tiny televisions attached to the machines. Something about an hour of Tyra Banks smiling with her eyes really made me push myself to go the extra quarter mile or to run instead of walk.

In Achieving Service Excellence, we talk about creating school district "customers" (aka families and employees) who become ambassadors for us. We appreciate the people who continue to come back to us, but we really want to do everything we can to make people encourage their families and friends to join them in being OUSD customers. I can't say that there's anyone who has sustained a head injury that has been an ambassador for OUSD. I'm that for my gym. Crazy.

In addition to losing about 25 pounds courtesy, in part, of my hard work with the machines, I feel stronger, have much better stamina, and built up my ability to be disciplined and follow through with goals I set for myself. Woohoo!

1 comment:

  1. dang, that's quite a pitch. ok, i'm pretty much ready to take the plunge (as soon as i start getting a paycheck to back it up) and join the gym. based on your encouragement and the discovery that your gym is also located next to my new work... it's looking promising! i mean really, it must be good if it beats out drinking wine and watching movies on the couch with us.

    ReplyDelete