Thursday, January 8, 2009

you like it i love it

There's an owl on your clock.

I have the pleasure of working with some incredible people who get up every morning to serve Oakland youth. I often say that you'd have to be crazy to be one of those people, but the truth is that they are living on a roller coaster made up of the roller coasters of all of the students they work for. And most of them avoid nausea.

I've been in this work for almost two years now, and I've seen a lot of things in Principals' offices. Some bad adult behavior, some amusing kid logic, some good ideas, some terrifying circumstances - enough to write a book of non-fiction that would get us all accused of lying. Needless to say, very little surprises me anymore.

And then I happened to glance over at this, on the wall at one of my elementary schools. When I asked the Principal what it was doing there, he said (as I've heard him say about many people) "I like it!"

Whatever gets you through the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment