Sunday, January 4, 2009

near-sloth

So it's the last day of winter break. I've heard all kinds of "can't we have one more day?" and "oh no, early mornings begin again". I have no sympathy. In fact, I'm really glad school and work start back up tomorrow - these past two weeks have been close to deathly boring with everyone else on vacation. I'm excited for my work email inbox and my voicemail to be active again. Excited for budget transfers that get processed and people that get hired and facilities work orders that get closed.

Since the last kids left campus on December 19th, with their caring adults chasing them out the door, I've had lots of quiet time. As most of you know, my work takes over a lot of my brain, so I had a unique challenge when I was actually able to finish working at work and go home to my own life. In between fun concerts and sports events, delicious drinks and lots of cooking, I found some gaps where work would have normally fit in. Enter technology.

I've been an on-again-off-again Netflix user for years - since before I had an actual DVD player. Sometime in the past few months, Netflix has created a Watch Instantly feature where movies from the general catalog are available for web-streaming. At first, I amused myself with episode after episode of NewsRadio and Charles in Charge on the weekends. But winter break has opened up the genres of Stand-Up Comedies, Mockumentaries, and Indie Drama to my consciousness. Thank goodness.

2 comments:

  1. Charels in Charge?! MONKEYDONKROT! Youar are using the Netflizz for the powers of Chits, maaan. Don't punish future Sele for the latter day crimes of Lil' Sele...

    ReplyDelete